An interesting mod, called Vehicle Combat, for Cyberpunk 2077 has been released. It enriches the game with new vehicle combat options, as well as thoroughly improves the police and summoning reinforcements by enemies.
Modder by the handle Scissors has released an interesting modification for Cyberpunk 2077. The project is called Vehicle Combat and it adds the ability to fight from vehicles as well as thoroughly reworks the police chase system.
Using weapons while driving
With the mod we can use weapons, inhalers and injectors while driving any vehicle.
What is interesting, the creator mainly used features that were already present in the game code, but were for some reason disabled in the final version.
Changes to police and faction response to attacks
Mod strongly expands and improves the system responsible for faction reactions to attacks and the mechanics of police interventions. Here, too, he mostly based on inactive elements that were present in the game code.
- Enemies in the area of their faction can now call for support. A bar appears above their heads that indicates how much time is left to complete this action, enabling us to abort it before it’s too late.
- When an enemy finishes calling for support, a star is added to the system and additional enemies from the same faction appear. The more stars we have, the bigger and more powerful reinforcements arrive.
- Support arrives in vehicles and will pursue the player trying to escape.
- At four stars, instead of reinforcements from a particular faction, heavily armed police officers in MaxTac armor arrive on the scene. Guard turrets are also activated. These troops will try to kill not only the player, but also anyone who stands in their way.
- The mod also heavily strengthens the heavy police troops. In the basic version of the game, there is only one type of MaxTac enemy. This mod adds five new ones, as well as increases their stats and gives them additional abilities.
- In the Badlands zone, the system works the same way, except that instead of police Militech corp units arrive.
- The mod also introduces many improvements in the spawning of enemies, their AI, chases and other elements related to the reinforcements system.
In the base game most machines have exactly the same strength. The author of the mod changed this, as a result of which each model has unique “life points”, matching reality. In general, all vehicles were also strengthened to make combat more interesting.
Mod enhancements are only activated in open world and quick quests. Story missions and side quests are too heavily scripted for the mod to work propely in them.
In addition, some elements of the mod are still unfinished. Some of the animations look weird, and you can’t use grenade launchers while driving. The author hopes to fix these elements in future updates.