The game designer also spoke about the work on his new project, which was announced in March 2022.
On March 12, GamesBeat published an interview with Warren Spector, creator of Deus Ex and Ultima Underworld, in which he talked about working on System Shock 3 and shared the details of the production of his next game.
О System Shock 3
- Spector did not elaborate, but according to him, the active production of System Shock 3 was carried out between 2018 and 2019, and the maximum number of OtherSide employees involved in development was only 17 people.
- According to him, Tencent, which publishes the shooter, must decide when to tell fans of the franchise about the development status of System Shock 3, but when this will happen is still unclear.
- Among other things, Spector hinted that he is no longer working on the game, as he is busy with his new project, which was announced in early March 2022.
- Apparently, the development of System Shock 3 is at a standstill – both the words of the game designer and the fact that almost two years have passed since the publication of the latest official news about the game hint at this.
About the new game
- OtherSide Entertainment has been working on a new title for a little less than a year, but Spector began to make the first developments of the upcoming “immersive sim” in early 2020 – in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The first art of Spector’s next title – which, among other things, shows a whale dressed in something incomprehensible – fully conveys what the game will be about.
- The developer dodged the question of journalists about whether the game will take place under water. However, Spector said that players will have a lot of freedom to choose what to do in it – including game design will push this.
At the moment, the team is not experiencing financial difficulties in production, but it is not known which company will act as a publisher for the as-yet-unnamed project.