Available for just over a week Sonic Frontiers despite various fears, he seems to have enjoyed an overall satisfactory launch with a Metacritic score currently standing at 72 and with over 90% of Steam players leaving a positive rating. But it is precisely on Valve’s platform that the return of the famous blue hedgehog has marked a further record. According to what was recorded by SteamDB, this new chapter has in fact established a new record of simultaneously active users for a Sonic game among those available on Steam.
As you can see by visiting the appropriate page, the maximum peak marked the presence of ben 19,181 active players at the same time, a much higher number than the previous record. The previous record was of “only” 11,937 users, a figure of respect for a chapter of this historic saga. To get a general picture of the situation, these are the results marked by the previous chapters of the series at the moment of maximum traffic:
- Sonic Frontiers: 19,181 active players simultaneously
- Sonic Mania: 11,937 active players simultaneously
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: 5,861 active players simultaneously
- Sonic Origins: 2,668 active players simultaneously
- Sonic Forces: 2,058 active players simultaneously
- Sonic Generations: 1,686 active players simultaneously
- Team Sonic Racing: 1,056 active players simultaneously
- Sonic Lost World: 252 active players simultaneously
Of course, we are not faced with dizzying numbers like those recorded by Cyberpunk 2077 but we must still take into account that the game has arrived in a period that is definitely full of interesting releases. Furthermore, the ever increasing number of active players testifies that the interest in the character is always higher. In short, by drawing some initial partial conclusions, we can say that the work done by the Sega guys has really hit the mark.
But now tell us, have you already tried this new adventure of the fastest blue hedgehog ever? Please let us know by leaving a comment and keep following us to stay up to date with the latest news.