Today, May 9, on an anonymous 4chan forum, the user “x0r” reported that he had a build of the canceled Duke Nukem Forever 2001 at his disposal, to prove his words, he posted a video from the game and several screenshots and also promised (promised?) to put it in open access in June
Here are the relevant quotes from the person(s) known as “x0r“:
- Almost every chapter is present in one form or another. A huge piece is playable, a huge piece is blockouts without enemies. All content from E3 is present.
- Not only the editor, but we will also release the full source code.
- All weapons are functional except for the chainsaw and freezer.
- Do you have any date when you are going to release the game? June.
- The editor is working. We also have the source code for the engine and UnrealScript and instructions for compiling it.
- Two assemblies, but content for only one.
- This is Unreal Engine 1, just like the final game.
- The complete game does not exist. She was never finished.
- An E3 2001 iteration, but not an E3 2001 build.
- The Constriction Beam is in the game, it is the first weapon in slot 4.
- The theme song is just a version of Megadeth. It starts playing as soon as you download the game.
- At the moment, Bombshell is not visually present in the game, there is a log file showing that her model has been removed.
- The strippers can be seen and interacted with when you first enter the club. By the time the game was recorded, most of them are dead.
Here are some screenshots: