A new fearsome enemy is ready to return!
During this day Bungie announced the official launch of the Season of the Tormented from Destiny 2thanks to which all Guardians scattered around the Galaxy can enjoy none other than the return of Leviathanthe corrupt spaceship of Calus.
And by exploring this ship, the players of Destiny 2 they will have to fight the ghosts of the past, all while being able to take advantage of the new solar subclass updated with the 3.0 system, taking on the role of the reaper wielding a scythe. The Seattle development team also confirmed that the Season of the Tormented it will go on until the day of 23 August 2022.
Destiny 2 has welcomed Season of the Tormented
Once the epitome of luxury, Leviathan now returns in Destiny 2 as a corrupted wreck to make contact with the pyramid ship that lies dormant on the Moon. Once the connection with the Pyramid is established, the nightmares of the past awaken, threatening to haunt anyone who dares to interfere.
Below you can take a look at some of the content in the Season of the Tormented from Destiny 2:
- “Nightmare Containment” (free for all players). Evil permeates the hull of the Emperor’s abominable vessel. Summon the most challenging nightmares and purify them with fire.
- “Severing”. Venture into the labyrinthine Bowels of the Leviathan, uncover the truth about Calus’ sinister plans and sever the nightmares he controls.
- Solar 3.0 (free for all players). Now the solar subclass has also been overhauled and enhanced with the customizable system of shards and natures. Light the flame of creativity, discover new configurations and prove that fire can always be returned with fire.
- Trespasser Exotic Sidearm (free for all players). Wield Shiro-4’s exotic sidearm from Destiny 1 and let its fire glow amidst the tarnished gold of Leviathan’s twisted halls. Season Pass holders can instantly unlock the weapon.
- Season Pass, New Mods and Gear, Solstice Event, and more!
Bungie also revealed that Eververse is now offering the Season of the Haunted Silver Pack as part of it, with Guardians being able to get their hands on the Paper Mill emote along with 1700 silver coins (1000 coins). + 700 bonuses), which can be used to purchase seasons, cosmetic items and much more.
Also this Friday at 7pm CEST, the first of the two dungeons included in the Deluxe Edition of The Whispering Queen will be launched. With the owners of this edition of this year’s expansion that thanks to it they will be able to play the new secret and the next one, offered in season 19.
For those interested only in the two dungeons of Year 5, Bungie offers the Queen of Whispering Vault Key, available for purchase in-game for 2000 silver coins.
The mysteries of the new dungeon have not yet been revealed, but among the rewards we will find a new set of legendary armor, legendary weapons, an exotic weapon with catalyst and much more.