On the night of March 23-24, the Game Developers Choice Awards ceremony took place, where the best games of 2021 were recognized. The main statuette was taken away by the authors of the card game Inscryption , which managed to beat Forza Horizon 5, Resident Evil Village, Deathloop, and It Takes Two.
All award winners:
- Best Debut Project: Valheim ;
- Best Visual: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart ;
- Best Sound: Unpacking ;
- Best Storyline: Psychonauts 2 ;
- Best Socially Significant Game: Boyfriend Dungeon ;
- Best Innovation: Unpacking;
- Top Tech: Ratchet & Clan: Rift Apart;
- Best Design: It Takes Two;
- Audience Award: Valheim.