How to set up and activate T9 mode on your Android phone.
An erroneous text is an indicator of a person’s ignorance. Perhaps it was once axiomatic, but not in the 21st century. Today, people are in a constant rush to get somewhere, communicating on the go. They text on the subway, on escalators, during meals, and even in the shower. Of course, when you’re sending so much text in such a short amount of time, you can’t be bothered to make a mistake, so you’re better off sending it to a texting program. We tell you how to activate a program called T9 on Android.
What is T9
From what has been written above, it is already clear that this function is supposed to prevent users from making mistakes in words. In addition, no complicated calculations or analysis are used for it. The grammar module automatically checks if the word you just entered (the one entered is considered as such after pressing a space or a punctuation mark) is stored in its huge database. If it isn’t, it will automatically replace it with a similar word.
Even early versions of this feature were capable of doing this. And in the most recent updates, T9 can check not only its database, but also the words that the user has marked as correct. Also, by changing just one setting, you can “ask” T9 to only suggest correct words, but not automatically substitute them. This last point was especially annoying for users in the past, causing customers to disable this feature when purchasing the phone.
The last advantage of the function is that it is enough to install any keyboard or use the built-in keyboard. In other words, there is no need to download a separate auto-configuration program.
How to enable it
You do not need advanced telephone management skills to activate and configure the T9. You just need to follow the detailed instructions described in each method below. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments. Our moderators will be happy to answer you and help you with any problems you may have.
The first method will not cause difficulties if there are only one or two keyboards in the unit. The steps and item names may vary slightly depending on the device model. Trading algorithm:
- Open the settings. To do this, tap the icon on the home screen or the gear on the notification bar.
- Go to the “Language and input” section. Sometimes it may be in “Advanced Settings”.
- Open the “Keyboard Settings” subsection. Specify the application you are using. For the example we have used Gboard.
- In the menu that opens, select “Correct text”.
- Activate the main option «Automatic correction».
Done. Look at the number of options in this section. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with them, as the flexibility of the settings will speed up the writing process considerably.
through the keyboard
This method is faster if you have more than one keyboard. But essentially it leads to the same result as point 3 of the previous algorithm. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Open an app where you can type text.
- Click in a text field to open the on-screen keyboard.
- Click the gear icon to open settings (again using Gboard as an example, where the gear is at the top of the interface).
After these “machinations”, the user will be taken to the same settings menu, where it remains to activate the autocorrect.
During the description of these methods we have encountered a series of problems, which we will describe how to solve. The main problems that the user may encounter and how to solve them are described below:
- AutoSwap does not work after activating it. Check that this function is activated and not “fix tracks”. Also try restarting your device or force closing the keyboard app through settings.
- The application corrects the words that are spelled correctly. If this is the case, you should instead activate the warning mode without automatic substitution.
Thank you for reading.