How to set the clock and display the time on your Android phone.
A mobile phone is a multifunctional device that allows you to know all kinds of information, including the time. The clock is used for this purpose, but it is usually located in the upper right corner of the screen and is barely noticeable. It would be much more comfortable if this interface element were placed directly on the desktop. So here is how to set the clock on your android phone screen.
Installing the clock app
The clock can be rendered by the default app or by third party software. Since the default interface element looks rather boring, we suggest installing one of the many utilities available for download via the Play Market:
- Minimum Clock;
- Always on;
- Live analog clock.
If you wish, you can ditch the third-party apps and use the standard clock by skipping this step.
But if you feel the need to use additional interfaces, please install the software following the instructions below:
- Find the app you are interested in using the search bar or by category.
- Once on the app page, tap the “Install” button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
It is important. After installation, you need to launch the downloaded app to give all necessary permissions. Only then can you proceed to install the clock on your home screen.
Of course, Play Market is by no means the only app store. There are also alternative ways to install apps. But for the purposes of this article, we will not dwell on them and will go directly to the process of adding a widget to the desktop.
Add a widget to the home screen
Thus, installing the application does not activate the clock display on the home screen. Therefore, to add them to the desktop, you will need to:
- Hold your finger on an empty space on the screen.
- Go to the “Widget” section.
- Select the interface option you like.
- Position the widget however you like.
Please note that even one app can have multiple clock widgets. They differ in both size and watch face. Choose the one you like best.
Add a clock in the settings
On some mobile phones, you can add widgets through the device settings. So if your watch face is missing, you can return it by following the instructions below:
- Open the phone settings.
- Go to «Display».
- Put the screensaver tab on “Clock”.
- Save the changes.
Depending on the device manufacturer and operating system version, the names of some menu items may vary. If you have difficulty locating the desired section, use the search box in the settings or install the widget using the first method described in the material.
Set the clock on the lock screen
As for the lock screen, you cannot display the time on it through a widget. Also, third-party apps won’t help you. However, the opposite can be done by referring to the following algorithm:
- Open device settings.
- Go to “Lock Screen”.
- Open the “Clock Style” tab.
- Select the time display option that interests you.
As with installing the desktop widget through settings, the names of the menu items may vary depending on the device model and other factors.
Therefore, do not consider the suggested instructions as a guide only.
How to change the time on a clock
In addition to the clock display, the way to correct the time plays an important role. If you notice any discrepancies, follow a few simple steps:
- Open the settings of your mobile phone.
- Set the necessary values in the “Date” and “Time” tabs respectively.
In addition to immediate date and time settings, you can also select the display format (for example, 24-hour or 12-hour). There are also other time setting options in the aforementioned settings section, but these differ depending on the specific mobile phone model.
In general, the process of setting the time on the home screen does not seem to be difficult. However, many users complain that the clock does not appear or does not appear at all on the desktop after installation. Here are the most common problems and how to fix them:
- The clock is not in the widget bar. If you’ve installed third-party software to display the time, launch the app and give it all the permissions it asks for. If it is a standard widget, it is recommended to take a look at the list of available interface elements.
- I can’t get the dial on the main screen. Remember that to display the time on the desktop, there must be free space. Also remember to distinguish between the sizes of the widgets. They are usually specified in 2×2 or 2×4 format, where each number represents the number of application icons that the widget occupies. Therefore, free up as much space as possible to solve the problem.
- The widget keeps disappearing. Most of the time this problem is caused by the user forgetting to give permission to the app that provides the clock widget beforehand. Be sure to do this so you don’t have any difficulties with the display of the interface.
- The clock does not show the correct time. In this situation, it is recommended to visit the “Date and time” settings section by activating the “Autodetect” function. If the clock still does not work correctly by default, adjust the necessary values manually.
We have tried to analyze all the problems that users encounter when trying to display the time on the home screen. If you can’t deal with them, contact the developer of the software whose watch you are using.