How to download and install the correct application on Android.
A mobile phone is a multifunctional device, but some of its functions can only be accessed through special applications. In addition to the applications, the mobile device also has games that allow you to distract yourself from the daily routine. Today we want to know how to install an application on the Android operating system. Next, we will see the main installation options and solutions to possible problems.
Via Play Market
The vast majority of Android mobile phones have a Play Market application store. You can use it to download your favorite game or program on your mobile device. Installation will require:
- Sign in, if you haven’t done so before.
- Use the search bar or the categorization to find the app you are interested in.
- On the app page, click the “Install” button.
Once the above steps are completed, the process of downloading and subsequent installation of the application will begin. Once the game or application is installed, you will see its icon on the desktop of your mobile phone or in the list of available applications.
Don’t forget that Play Market is just one of many app stores. On some Huawei and Honor phones, for example, the App Gallery serves a similar function, and on Samsung, Samsung Apps. These stores work in a similar way to the Play Market and together with it can be considered as an excellent way to install games and programs.
Via an installable APK file
It is not always possible to find the application you want in the Play Market or in an alternative store. And even if you do, you should know that there is an alternative way to install software through an APK file. This type of operation can be described as manual, so you should study the algorithm as carefully as possible:
- Download the APK file of the application to your mobile phone using any suitable resource (for example, you can download the software through a browser by searching the APK site using a search engine).
- Open the downloaded file.
- Allow installation from unknown sources.
- Click the “Install” button.
Special attention should be paid to the third point of the instructions. Permission to install from unknown sources can be given when the file is started, or in advance by checking the mobile phone settings. Remember to do it.
Otherwise, you will not be able to install the software on your mobile device.
through the computer
Finally, any game or program can be installed through the computer. And there are two installation methods, one of which is considered remote and the other direct. In the first, it is not necessary to connect the phone to a PC, but follow a few simple steps:
- Open Play Market through your computer’s web browser.
- Sign in to the same account you use on your mobile phone.
- Find the application that interests you.
- Once you are on the game or program page, press the “Install” button.
Using this method, the installation will start automatically, as long as your mobile device is connected to the Internet. You can also use the alternate installation method, which involves the following steps:
- Download the APK file of the application of your interest on your PC.
- Install the InstALLAPK software on your PC, as well as the ADB package.
- Connect the mobile phone to the PC, allowing data transfer.
- Start InstALLAPK.
- Check that the computer has correctly identified the mobile phone.
- Click on the phone name and open the previously downloaded APK file.
- Click the Install button.
If everything has been done correctly, the installation process will start automatically. However, you may encounter problems when the mobile phone is recognized by InstALLAPK. To solve this problem, it is necessary to activate the USB installation function. See below for instructions on how to do this.
Installation activation via USB
In order to install the application smoothly via a wired computer, you need to not only download the application’s APK file, but also enable the USB debugging option. This is done as follows:
- Open the mobile device settings.
- Go to “About your phone”.
- Repeatedly tap on “Build number” until you get the message “Congratulations, you have become a developer”.
- Go back to the startup settings menu.
- Go to the “For Developers” section.
- Check the “USB debugging” box.
The installation should now complete without any complications. However, do not forget that along with debugging, it is necessary to activate the option to install from unknown sources in the phone settings. If you run into a different issue, please read the rest of this article and familiarize yourself with basic troubleshooting methods.
Although the software installation process does not seem complicated from the outside, difficulties may arise in the process. Here are the most common problems and how to fix them:
- There is no “Install” button on the Play Store. Most likely, the app has been banned for use in your country, or has been removed from the store by the developer. To fix the problem, it is recommended to install the game or the game through an APK file.
- Nothing happens after clicking the “Install” button. Check the quality of your Internet connection and the availability of free space in the internal memory. There should be at least 4-5 GB on the drive, even if it’s just installing a small app of a couple of megabytes.
- A walker cannot be installed via APK. First of all, you need to make sure that installation from unknown sources is enabled on your mobile phone. Also, the problem can be caused by a bad APK that has not been fully downloaded.
If you encounter other difficulties, or if none of the recommendations helped resolve the issue, please contact the developer or Google Play Market support.